Sunday, March 9, 2008

Home Again

My last post was when I had gotten another call about a kidney. That kidney was a match and on Valentine's Day, I received my new kidney and the gift of life! Praise God. The last 3 weeks has been amazing and I'm doing great. I met 2 friends who also received new kidneys. The 3 of us along with my hubby, hung out together. Whenever one of us had a clinic visit, we all went. Our transplant coordinator knew if he wanted to reach one of us all he had to do was call anyone of the 3. He dubbed us the Three Musketeers. Guy and I got to go home for good yesterday while our friend Anne was hospitalized the day before and remains there for hopefully not too long. I ask that you remember Anne in your prayers. The disease that took out her native kidneys has already attacked her new kidney but the doctors are certain they can stop the progress of this. I will post at a later date some of the details of my last 3 weeks.

1 comment:

Vicky said...

If you don't mind me asking...is it an autoimmune disease that your friend has?