Thursday, June 19, 2008

Just When You Think Things Are Fine....

The transplant team called the other day and apparently my last blood work showed a pretty big increase in my Creatin level. It went from 1.1 to 2.2. This is not good news at all. In fact, I went into a panic and called a friend to pray with me because Bruce was unreachable at that time. At the moment there are 2 theories why this has occured. The first is that a blood pressure pill I was recently switched to could cause this change so I've stopped taking it. If it is the medication, my creatin level will return to normal and another medication will be used. The second option is that the renal artery is becoming blocked. I'm scheduled on Friday to go and have lab work, have the kidney sonogramed and see the transplant team after all that. When I see the team, they will have the results of everything and know better what is going on and what needs to be done to help save the kidney. I will post an update on Friday if they do not admit me to the hospital. If I am admitted, I'll post when I come home.

No comments: